Digital Marketing Internship
Kyrgies is seeking a digital marketing intern. We are a small social impact company and this position provides the opportunity to wear a lot of different hats. We guarantee the opportunity to learn A LOT about digital marketing channels and generally operating a growing brand in the social impact space.
This position pays $20/hour and is 15-20 hours per week.
- Social Media Account Support; This includes: working to develop concepts for mini social media campaigns, research and interaction with creators, analysis of other accounts in similar verticals, graphic design
- Digital Asset Management
- Sales and Marketing Analysis
- A small amount of customer support via social channels
- General graphic design support
The Ideal Candidate
This is an internship. We’re not expecting anyone to match all of these skills. The most important thing is an interest in marketing within a social impact organization. We’re also looking for someone that is motivated to learn in this position. With that said, these are some skills we’re excited about:
- Demonstrated interest in social impact brands and products
- Basic knowledge of graphic design concepts and tools
- General knowledge of how brands fit into the social media ecosystem
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiar with spreadsheets (ideally Excel but Google Sheets can work)
- Can write a bit of HTML
Kyrgies imports and sells the best slippers on the planet. Each pair is handmade by artisans in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. The vast majority of our materials are sourced locally in Kyrgyzstan from family-owned and operated farms.
Kyrgies is a for-profit social impact organization. We are climate neutral certified and have been members of 1% For the Planet since our first day in business. We sell slippers that are handmade in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
Kyrgies was established in 2017. Its administrative and marketing office is located in downtown Ogden, Utah. You can find out more about us at Kyrgies.com.
Who Should Apply?
Kyrgies values diversity and inclusion. We encourage any and all interested applicants to apply and welcome applications from applicants from a great variety of backgrounds. We are especially interested in candidates that are currently living in Northern Utah, but we are open to remote possibilities for the right candidate.
How to Apply?
Please send us a resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Within the cover letter, please pick two or three brands that you admire and tell us a bit about why you admire them. What makes them stand out? How did you first discover them? Also, it would be really useful to understand what you hope to learn from this experience. We understand that's a tough question, but please give it your best shot.